Starting as a bioinformatician
September 6th, full day
How can I choose a lab for my PhD? How can I find a postdoc? Should I go to the USA or not? Is it possible to work in the private sector with a training in bioinformatics? Are there available positions in bioinformatics in the academic sector? Starting as a bioinformatcian often raises numbers of questions. The aim of this satellite meeting is to gather all people interested in these questions, to ask or answer them and to discuss together through panel discussions.
- 9:00 – 9:15 Welcome
- 9:15 – 9:45 PhD discussion
- 9:45 – 10:30 Postdoc discussion
- 10:30 – 11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00 – 13:15 Career advice presentation
- 13:15 – 14:45 Lunch/Discussion
- 14:45 – 15:15 Associative involvment
- 15:15 – 16:00 Public recruitment discussion
- 16:00 – 16:30 Coffee break
- 16:30 – 17:15 Prive recruitment discussion
- 17:15 – 18:15 Discussion about the differences between public and private sectors
- 18:15 – 18:30 End/Discussion
Note: This agenda may be changed depending on invited speakers and registrations.
All presentations and discussions will be given in French.
Registration is free but required. It is not required to be registered to JOBIM to attend this satellite meeting.
Association JeBiF (RSG-France)
iscb.rsg.france \at\ gmail.com